Thursday, July 3, 2008

One year older and Wiser too!

My little boy is now 1 years old. His birthday was on July 1st, I can hardly believe how fast time has gone by! He is getting so big and so much more animated, it is so much fun to watch him grow and progress into a little boy. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.
For his birthday we decided to just keep it simple and have a family BBQ (Thanks so much to the Aiekles for letting us borrow their grill). We had a great time eating food and opening presents but it really wore Garrett out. After dinner we came inside to have cake and ice cream and sing. Well wouldn't you know Garrett was just too tired. He fell asleep on my lap and we didn't even get to do the cake and ice cream. So we decided to let everyone have a piece of cake and ice cream but leave the candle in place so that we could sing to him later. We still haven't had the chance to sing to him so when we do I will post those pictures but for now here are pictures from the rest of the party!





5 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

that is so funny. cute pictures and awesome new train.

Larsen said...

Too sweet! Jo would never do that for me, even if I didn't want her to. So stubborn.

Well the only advice I have for you for the next year, since you are wondering what you are in for...is just to be prepared for boy sounds like Grrrrr and Rahhhhh and Mmmmmmmgrrrrahhh.

Also with those come Beep Beep and No.

We adore ya, and you're just one of the best first time mom's I know. Motherhood suits you so well.

xoxo

gina

Anonymous said...

Cute party. You thought that was a simple little birthday party...haa haa. That sounds like a fun party to me. Simple to us is a just John and I and some Ice cream and a rented movie for Hailey. It sounds like you had tons of fun and little Garrett got tuckered out. Cute cake by the way. Did you make it?
You are a super mom.
Do you have any names picked out for the second one?

Erin Ellsworth said...

Garrett is is cute and he is getting big! He looked so cute asleep on your tummy!

Ashley said...

I love the pictures of Garrett asleep on your chest. How sweet and fun memories. Happy b-day to Garrett!

Handsome Boys