Saturday, October 18, 2008

October 17th, 2008! What a great day!

As many of you know our newest little addition joined our family on October 17th, 2008 at 2:49 am.  We named him Daniel Monte King and he weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.  We are just so excited the he is here.
Now here is the story.  Nicole started to have some pretty intense contraction around 4:30 pm on Thursday and we finally decided to go to the hospital around 7:00 pm (thank you so much to Erin Ellsworth for watching Garrett the first night).  They got her in and set up on the monitors to see if it was true labor and if she could stay.  Once we knew we were staying Nicole got her epidural (thank you so much for modern medicine)  After getting that we were all able to get some sleep before the real work would come.  When we got to the hospital Nicole was dialted to a 4 and by 2 in the morning she was a 10 and ready to push.  She pushed for about 10 minutes and out he came.  He is perfect and we just love him so much.
Garrett came the next day to see his new brother and at first he wasn't sure what to think but after a few minutes he warmed right up to him and now gives Daniel hugs and kisses and calls him 'baby' 
Daniel is such a calm and quiet little guy and we just love him. 

27 comments:

Red Head Family said...

Congrats!! We love the name Daniel-haha. She was more than ready to go on Wednesday at playgroup.

Kristi Barnes said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations...These pictures are great, thanks so much for sharing. Glad everything went well and that Mom and Baby are healthy!

Christina said...

Darn it! I was hoping to be your first comment. Anyway, YEAH for little Daniel!! And congrats to your entire family! I'm glad all is well! He's darling!!

Jeannette said...

congratulations guys!! that is so exiting he is finally here, i bet your all so happy to see finally see his sweet little face, which i must add is simply adorable:) hope you guys are doing good, cant wait to see ya'll soon!!!

Becky said...

YAY! Congratulations. Enjoy your time together!!

The Whitney's said...

Congrats you guys! I dig the middle name!

The Whitney's said...

Congrats you guys! I dig the middle name!

Amber said...

Congrats guys! He looks great - and so do you Nicole. Hope the next weeks of transitioning to a family of four are smooth!

brandy said...

Congrats, Call me if you need anything

crystal carlson said...

Congrats on your new baby boy! He is so precious! I hope all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I love having my two boys so close together and I am sure that you will too.

Ashley said...

How exciting. It is fun to be a family of four. Two kids, ahhh. It took me a while to adjust, but I love it. You have a beautiful family. Congratulations.

On a side note:
Just the other day I was thinking what a great roommate you were and friend! I remember you coming to my Chad's basketball games and dressing up and making posters to cheer his team on. I also remember when you helped me deliver some of my Valentine goodies to him. Thanks, you are the best. I really appreciate those kind things. You are great and your family is lucky to have you.

Erin Ellsworth said...

He is so cute! It makes me excited to have a baby when I see other people with their little ones. You are blessed to have 2 great little boys!

Christy said...

That is exciting. I am just really happy that you didn't have to push for 2 hours. He is a doll. Congrats. Nicole you look amazing for just having a baby.

Jen said...

congrats! He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Heather Ostvig Christensen! How exciting that he finally came. Hope you are feeling great and congrats!

Liz Johnston said...

woo hoo another King! Congrads.

Tiffy said...

Congrats you guys!! He is soo cute! Let us know if you need anything!!

Erinn said...

Oh!! Yeah!! Congratulations! What a cutie. I am so glad that all went well for both Mom and baby.

Diana said...

YAAAY!!! Congrats, Nicole! I'm glad the birth went so well! Love ya.

* tilila and karter * said...

WOO WOO! The first thing I had to do at work today was log on and see this little cutie! Lil Daniel is such a stud! I am so excited to have another lil Garrett in the fam.. Good job Coley and Chad.. We love you guys tons! Can't wait to see the lil rascals! :)

Ashley said...

Congrats Nicole, on your new little man! He is very cute, and so is Garrett.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys! And the day before my birthday...what a great weekend. October is just a great month to be born. I'm so happy for you and your new arrival! He is so cute!

tiff snedaker said...

Congrats -sounds like a very smooth labor and delivery. Welcome to the world Daniel!

Rachelle said...

What a sweet little boy. I love the pics of your two little boys together. Congrats.

The Fitz Family said...

Preston saw the pictures and he kept saying "pretty mommy, pretty"! What a sweet baby! I love the name Daniel (I voted for that one :)

Suzanne said...

he is so cute! congratulations! crazy that you have CHILDREN now! i'm glad all is well!
love suzanne

Handsome Boys